<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 05, 2010

of a castle, trees, and a broken heart 

This morning I dropped S off at work on my way to daycare. S works on the north end of campus, I work on the south end. After dropping him off, as we were driving south to the main road, E looked over at the Science/Math/Economics buildings and said, “that’s not your’s work, momma. That’s daddy’s work.” A little later, she looked over at the cluster of buildings on the south end of campus, including the campus chapel, (as well as my building) and said, “That’s your’s work momma. That’s the castle.” I asked clarifying questions, and sure enough, I work in a castle. I asked her if she didn’t mean “chapel,” and she said, “Yeah. You work in the Capstle.” After a few more tries, she finally got out “chapel,” but I think I like her first statement better. My whole world seems a lot more whimsical when I consider that I’m an administrative assistant in (or at least, next to) a castle.

---------------------

A little later, out of the blue, E asserted, “Look at all the cars, momma. Sometimes cars drive in trees.”

[what?!?]

“Sometimes cars drive in trees. Like in the book. And sometimes in Green Eggs and Ham the trees are purple.”

[Ah. Gotta love Doctor Seuss.]

“Oooh! Look at all the trees mama [points to the trees on the side of the road].”

(Me: ) “Yes, they’re very beautiful, aren’t they?”

“I think God made the trees, too, momma.”

[Every morning for the past week, we’ve been telling Ella about how God made the beautiful sunrise, and how she can thank him for it.]

“Thank you for the trees, God.”

--------------------

In other news, one of S’s students is currently undergoing open heart surgery. Please pray for this student. He is far from family. His name is also S.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?