<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 31, 2010

WARNING: BABY BRAGGING BELOW. 

My one year old just smoked me in Memory.

In an effort to get K- to stop crying after Daddy and E left on a fun errand without her, I offered her the chance to play a NEW game, one of E's games. A game she's never been allowed to play before (and hasn't really even seen played more than once, as we normally don't take it out until after she's in bed).

We took out the classic Memory Game.

She smoked me. I blame it on not enough caffeine this morning.

Well, I really didn't play against her, so I don't know who won, persay, but 80 to 90% of the time, if I knew where the match was, so did she.

She clearly grasp object permanence, matched well, and remembered well. She was able to name all the objects as she turned them over. And when I set out 12 tiles and she started to "tag team" counted with me (I said "one," we both said "two"and "three" she said "four" I said "five" she said "six" etc.) all the way up to 12. (She said "seven" for "eleven" but I gave her a little grace on that one.)

I think sometimes she forgets she's only one.




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?